Thursday, January 15, 2009

Barefoot Contessa Guacamole

I am a huge fan of anything you can dip. If I could live on appetizers alone I would. I am heading to a friend's house tonight and am going to make this yummy guacamole recipe from Barefoot Contessa. I will take some good pictures tonight after the masterpiece is complete and upload. Enjoy!!!

Perfect for any football game watching you have on tap on Sunday.

Ingredients
4 ripe Haas avocados
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
8 dashes Tabasco sauce (I always do a couple more dashes)
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 large garlic clove, minced (I LOVE garlic so I add a little bit more)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped

Directions
Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the lemon juice, Tabasco, onion, garlic and salt and pepper; toss with a wooden spoon.
Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes and toss to combine. Adjust the seasonings as needed.


Serve With
Baked tortilla chips or toasted pita triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment